Gaddafi predicts end of rebels, NATOAugust 15th, 2011 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Tripoli, Aug 15 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Beleaguered Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has said the end was close for the rebels and the NATO.
In an audio broadcast on national television, Gaddafi said “the end of the coloniser is close and the end of the rats is close”, referring to the NATO and the rebels.
“They (the rebels) flee from one house to another before the masses who are chasing them,” Gaddafi said.
He called on Libyans to arm themselves and free the country from “traitors and from NATO”.
An uprising that began in Libya in February against Gaddafi’s 40-year rule has already claimed thousands of lives, with Gaddafi’s troops maintaining their hold in Tripoli, and a rebel group claiming its stake in Benghazi.
Thousands of people have left the country since NATO airstrikes “to protect civilians” began March 19 following a UN resolution.
- Gaddafi ready for ceasefire but refuses to step down - Apr 30, 2011
- Gaddafi's family not in Tunisia: Official - Aug 20, 2011
- Top US official visits Benghazi - Aug 21, 2011
- Chavez sends letter to Gaddafi wishing him victory - Aug 07, 2011
- Turkey recognises Libyan rebels - Jul 04, 2011
- UN sees no military solution to Libya conflict - Aug 12, 2011
- NATO air strikes in Tripoli kill 19 civilians: Libyan TV - May 25, 2011
- Gaddafi wandered Tripoli streets in disguise - Aug 24, 2011
- Berlusconi denies deaths of Gaddafi's son, grandchildren - May 26, 2011
- Sarkozy to visit Libya for talks with opposition - May 27, 2011
- Libya's rebel leader wants 'fair trial' for Gaddafi - Aug 23, 2011
- Gaddafi threatens attacks on Europe - Jul 02, 2011
- Libyan leader Gaddafi threatens to attack Europe - Jul 09, 2011
- Russia offers to look into deaths of Gaddafi's kin - May 31, 2011
- Gaddafi daughter asks Libyans to revolt - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: audio broadcast, civilians, dg, libya, libyan leader muammar, libyan leader muammar gaddafi, libyans, march 19, muammar gaddafi, national television, nato, nato airstrikes, rats, rebel group, rebels, ria novosti, stake, traitors, tripoli, uprising