Funeral of 33 Bangladesh Army officers todayFebruary 28th, 2009 - 3:30 pm ICT by ANI
Dhaka, Feb 28 (ANI): The funeral or the Namaz-e-janaza of the 33 Bangladesh army officers, whose bodies were found during a rescue operation at the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) headquarters, will take place at the Army Stadium in Banani at 3:00 p.m today.
The funeral of Major General Shakil Ahmed, the head of the BDR, will also be held today. Major General Shakil Ahmed’’s corpse was pitted with bullet holes and marks of a bayonet charge. It had at least seven bullet wounds.
Last evening, the funeral of seven army officers” was held at the Dhaka Cantonment Central mosque.
Earlier in the day, ten more bodies, including the one of Naznin Shakil Shipu, the wife of slain BDR chief Major General Shakil Ahmed, were found after two more mass graves were opened.
On Friday, thirty-eight more bodies were found at the headquarters, a Daily Star report said.(ANI)
- Funeral of 33 Bangladesh Army officers postponed - Feb 28, 2009
- Bangladesh war hero to be buried with military honors on Monday - Nov 21, 2010
- Newly appointed Director General visits BDR headquarters - Feb 28, 2009
- 10 more bodies found at BDR headquarters - Feb 28, 2009
- Funeral of 48 Bangladesh Army officers held - Mar 02, 2009
- 2009 mutiny: Bangladesh jails 657 border guards - Jun 27, 2011
- Bangladesh goes numb after learning about mass grave horror - Feb 28, 2009
- Bangladesh mourns officers slain in mutiny - Mar 02, 2009
- Bangladesh jails 3,036 border guards for 2009 mutiny - Sep 12, 2011
- Political bickering over Bangladesh mutiny probe - Mar 01, 2009
- Bangladesh gets new border force post-mutiny - Jan 23, 2011
- Stringent law in offing for Bangladesh border guards - Sep 20, 2010
- Dhaka mulls stringent law to tackle rebellion - Feb 25, 2011
- Six courts set up to try Bangladesh border guard mutineers - Nov 16, 2009
- 56 more Bangladesh border guards convicted for mutiny - Apr 19, 2010