Fugitive held in Britain after framing his wanted posterApril 22nd, 2012 - 10:24 am ICT by IANS
London, April 22 (IANS) A convict on the run from a British jail was caught by police during a raid when it was found that he had framed his wanted poster by putting it on the wall of his hideout.
The man had turned the subject of a nationwide public appeal after police searched for him for breaching his parole. He had taken refuge at a friend’s home, the Daily Mail reported.
He was so delighted at his newfound infamy due to the coutrywide public and manhunt by police appeal that he placed the wanted appeal inside a gawdy fake pearl and silver-plated frame.
The man hung it above the fireplace at his 21-year-old friend’s home where he was hiding.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided the house and spotted the bizarre ornate frame above the fireplace. It contained a local newspaper article including the fugitive’s picture and the fact he was on the run from police.
He was caught hiding in a kitchen cupboard and since been returned to prison to complete his jail term.
Last December’s bizarre incident emerged as the fugitive’s friend, Jordan, of Brinnington, Stockport, pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice.
He was sentenced to a year-long community order and a two-month curfew at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester.
- Asian jailed in Britain for framing innocent man - Aug 17, 2012
- Briton charged with planning Kenya bombings - May 10, 2012
- Suspected Maoist conduit arrested in Delhi - Oct 04, 2011
- Fugitive mafia boss found hiding in box - Mar 10, 2011
- Three-monthly review ordered of Most Wanted list (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- CBI withdraws Most Wanted list from website - May 20, 2011
- British tourist's body found in Nepal lake - Oct 21, 2010
- Man blames Viagra, wife's menopause for filming women in changing room - Jan 11, 2011
- Livid Brit cafe owner warned "smell of frying bacon offends Muslims" - Oct 22, 2010
- Sex workers rescued from Goa nightclub - Dec 05, 2011
- Peeping Tom Declan Crosbie sentenced for peeping into Olympic changing rooms - Aug 15, 2012
- ULFA chairman Rajkhowa released from jail (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- Two BSP leaders held for 2009 arson attack - Mar 04, 2011
- Jailor shot at, escapes unhurt - Jul 27, 2012
- Brit drug dealer to sue cops for revealing his identity to neighbours - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: bizarre incident, brinnington stockport, british jail, convict, curfew, daily mail, fireplace, fugitive, hideout, infamy, jordan, kitchen cupboard, london, manhunt, minshull street crown court, newspaper article, old friend, ornate frame, public appeal, wanted poster