Fugitive Chinese who killed nine shot dead (Lead)August 14th, 2012 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 14 (IANS) A fugitive who killed nine people during armed robberies since 2004 was shot dead in southwest China Tuesday, police said.
Zhou was killed by police in Chongqing at 6.50 a.m., reported Xinhua.
China had launched a manhunt for the serial killer.
The search was mounted following the man’s latest killing during an armed robbery Friday, which left a woman dead.
The military too helped to look for him.
Zhou shot the woman in front of a bank Friday, before grabbing her handbag which contained about 250,000 yuan ($39,300) in cash. He escaped and the woman died on the spot.
The serial killer, described as “ruthless and highly dangerous” by Chinese authorities, has become infamous for robbing people withdrawing money from banks and repeatedly dodging police manhunts.
Officials said the suspect shot nine people dead and injured five over the past eight years.
- China hunts for serial killer - Aug 13, 2012
- Chinese serial killer shot dead - Aug 14, 2012
- Police launch manhunt for 'Chinese Rambo' - Aug 12, 2012
- Chinese man, baby shot dead in Italy - Jan 06, 2012
- Extra marital affair suspected behind murder rampage in China - Apr 15, 2011
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
- Farmer, two sons held for killing daughter - Nov 29, 2011
- Man kills 10 in China - Apr 15, 2011
- 13 killed in China coal mine blast - Oct 19, 2011
- US gurdwara gunman sported 9/11 tattoo - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists kill Odisha villager - Jul 07, 2012
- Have kids outside marriage, pay hefty fines - Sep 03, 2010
- Swindlers use phone tricks to con Chinese people - Jun 18, 2011
- Cops turn into robbers in Russia - Jul 14, 2012
- Bihar asks Tamil Nadu to probe killings - Feb 24, 2012