Friends could cost youNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:30 am ICT by admin
The survey for mobile phone company O2 found that the chunk of money goes into birthday parties, as attending four birthday bashes a year costs an average 162.24 pounds.
Attending weddings comes next at 89.15 pounds, followed by Christmas presents at 55.79 pounds.
Other costs included birthday presents without a party at 54.24 pounds, social travel at 50.66 pounds, stag or hen nights at 35.45 pounds, christenings and births at 20.93 pounds, and cards at 12.68 pounds.
The survey also revealed that teenagers spend use up 1,140.47 pounds, more than twice the average, on their friendships.
The study also discovered that one in five people spends over two hours a week calling friends. (ANI)
- Kate Middleton's royal wedding hen night venue revealed - Jan 16, 2011
- Kate Middleton celebrates hen-night - Mar 29, 2011
- Post New Year's Day, 7 in 10 Brits claim of plan to lose weight - Jan 02, 2011
- Like Prince William, Kate Middleton too opts for low-key hen night - Mar 29, 2011
- Britons prefer spending more on TV than car - Dec 02, 2011
- Almost every woman has 11 pairs of shoes she'll never wear - May 02, 2011
- Average British family watches TV nine hours a day - Jul 12, 2011
- Men still like to pay for first dates - Mar 29, 2011
- British police spent £82mn; to talk to migrants - Aug 19, 2011
- British police spent 82 mn pounds for talking to migrants (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- British women spend over 100,000 pounds on make-up - Aug 01, 2011
- Men spend 24,000 pounds on women before wedding - May 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton's family firm launces Britannia scratch card - Mar 15, 2011
- Difficult for Britain's poor families to heat homes - Feb 21, 2012
- Britons spend a year of their lives in the pub - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: birthday bashes, birthday parties, birthday presents, births, cards, christenings, christmas presents, chunk, friendships, hen nights, mobile phone company, o2, social travel, stag, teenagers, weddings