French wine maker wins court casesMarch 16th, 2012 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 16 (IANS) Chateaux Lafite Rothschild, the French estate that produces some of the most expensive wines, has won six lawsuits against Chinese firms since fake Lafite was found flooding the Chinese market.The Chinese companies have been ordered to pay a total of at least 800,000 yuan ($126,900) in compensation, the company told Shanghai Daily.
Among the six cases, Shenzhen-based Jinhongde Trade Co Ltd was ordered to pay 300,000 yuan in two cases decided in Hunan province.
On Nov 30, a court in Chengdu City ordered Shenzhen Zhuangshi Industry Co Ltd to pay 500,000 yuan after verdicts in two cases.
In April, Zhuhai La Fei Te Wine Co Ltd was ordered by Chengdu High-Tech Zone People’s Court to pay 50,000 yuan for trademark infringement and unfair competition.
Lafite didn’t reveal details of the other two cases, which were “settled with compensation paid by the defendant.”
It is estimated that nearly 70 percent of Chateaux Lafite Rothschild in China is fake, the daily said.
- Chinese tutorial on how to find rich husbands! - Jul 11, 2012
- China's Huawei to buy Symantec stake - Nov 15, 2011
- China builds nuclear waste processor - Mar 07, 2012
- Wine outperforms gold, oil - Dec 03, 2010
- Chinese jailed for not paying workers - Jan 15, 2012
- Woman dies after wine drinking bet - Jul 19, 2012
- Six Chinese jailed for cheating American - Mar 12, 2012
- Apple pays $60 mn for iPad trademark in China - Jul 02, 2012
- 60-year-old 'stud' in pregnancy trouble! - Mar 21, 2012
- China sends 10,000 tablet computers to Thailand - Jun 21, 2012
- Chinese court solves relationship riddle - Apr 01, 2011
- China to launch CSI Consumer 360 Index - Oct 20, 2011
- Man gets $63,500 mobile bill - Apr 10, 2012
- Climate change could wipe out red wine by 2050 - Mar 02, 2011
- Kidney-transplant ring exposed in China - May 30, 2012
Tags: chateaux lafite rothschild, chengdu city, chinese companies, chinese firms, chinese market, court cases, defendant, fei, french estate, french wine, industry co ltd, lawsuits, shenzhen, tech zone, trade co, trademark infringement, unfair competition, wine maker, yuan, zhuhai