French foreign minister visits MyanmarJanuary 15th, 2012 - 1:04 am ICT by IANS
Yangon, Jan 14 (IANS) French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe arrived here Saturday on a three-day official visit to Myanmar, Xinhua reported.
This is the first visit by a French foreign minister to Myanmar since 1988.
Juppe will meet President U Thein Sein, speakers of both houses of parliament — U Shwe Mann and U Khin Aung Myint — and his Myanmar counterpart U Wunna Maung Lwin in the capital Nay Pyi Taw, sources said.
He will also meet Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, leader of the National League for Democracy, and representatives from other political parties, ethnic minorities as well as the civil society.
- France, Myanmar hold talks - Jan 16, 2012
- Canadian foreign minister visits Myanmar - Mar 08, 2012
- Clinton arrives in Myanmar for first official visit - Nov 30, 2011
- British foreign secretary visits Myanmar - Jan 05, 2012
- British foreign secretary meets Myanmarese president (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Hague praises Myanmar reforms - Jan 06, 2012
- Clinton wraps up Myanmar visit - Dec 02, 2011
- Myanmar president meets top UN envoy - Feb 15, 2012
- Myanmar president meets UN chief - Apr 30, 2012
- Krishna wraps up Myanmar engagement; focus on capacity building (Roudnup) - Jun 22, 2011
- Krishna lands in Myanmar capital - Jun 21, 2011
- Myanmar's first vice president resigns - Jul 04, 2012
- Zardari visits Myanmar - Jan 25, 2012
- No turning back on democracy: Myanmar foreign minister - Jan 25, 2012
- PM leaves for Myanmar - May 27, 2012
Tags: alain juppe, aung san suu kyi, counterpart, democracy, ethnic minorities, french foreign minister, houses of parliament, khin aung myint, maung lwin, nobel laureate, parliament, political parties, san suu kyi, shwe, speakers, thein, xinhua, yangon