Frankfurt airport shooter shouted ‘Allahu akhbar’ before opening fireMarch 4th, 2011 - 12:51 pm ICT by ANI
Frankfurt (Germany), Mar. 4 (ANI): The man arrested for shooting dead two US servicemen at Frankfurt Airport earlier this week, screamed “Allahu akhbar” before opening fire, German police has revealed. Witnesses heard 21-year-old Arif Uka make the cry “God is the greatest” in English as he launched Wednesday’s attack on a busload of US military personnel, increasing the likelihood that it was motivated by radical Islamist beliefs, The Telegraph reports.
“The suspect is accused of killing two U.S. military personnel and seriously injuring two others,” said federal prosecutors, who handle terrorism cases, in a statement.
The statement further said: “Given the circumstances, there is a suspicion that the act was motivated by Islamism.”
Boris Rhein, interior minister for Hesse state, said that the suspect, an Albanian Muslim from Kosovo, had apparently been radicalised in the last few weeks and had acted alone.
Investigators also revealed that the suspect’s Facebook page made clear his strong Islamic beliefs.
The page contained alleged links to a jihadist war song and described non-Muslims as “miserable infidels”.
The increasing possibility that the attack was a planned act of terrorism appears to have quashed an earlier theory that the shooting was the result of an argument. (ANI)
- Suspect with links to Muslim terror groups could have killed two US airmen in Germany - Mar 03, 2011
- Gunman killed US soldiers in Germany in revenge for Afghanistan - Mar 05, 2011
- 35 Guantanamo detainees trained as terrorists in London - Apr 26, 2011
- 'Pakistani leadership lives in self-delusion' - Nov 19, 2010
- Kosovans' mass grave found in Macedonia - Jun 16, 2010
- Steal from enemy to fund terror: Al Qaeda - Jan 20, 2011
- Indiana woman under investigation for having links to international terrorists - Dec 29, 2010
- Norway gunman says he acted alone (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Hesse becomes first German state to ban Islamic face veil - Feb 05, 2011
- Pakistani clerics condemn use of religion for terrorism - May 21, 2012
- Hate cleric warns of attack after life sentence - Nov 13, 2010
- Gurdwara shooting gunman identified as ex-soldier (Fourth Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- WikiLeaks release: BJP activists burn Rahul Gandhi's effigy in Kanpur - Dec 17, 2010
- Russia calls on EU, NATO over military actions in Kosovo north - Aug 10, 2011
- GITMO detainees were radicalised in London to attack Western targets - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,