France salutes US tenacity in targetting Osama bin LadenMay 2nd, 2011 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 2 (ANI): France has saluted the tenacity of the United States in targetting Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
In a statement, French President Nicholas Sarkozy said that the main person responsible for the 11 September 2001 attacks, Osama bin Laden promoted an ideology of hatred and headed a terrorist organisation that claimed thousands of victims all over the world, particularly in Muslim countries.
Sarkozy said his killing on Sunday should be seen as justice finally being delivered to the victims and survivors of 9/11.
“This morning, these victims and their families are in France’s thoughts. The scourge of terrorism has suffered a historic defeat, but this is not the end of the Al Qaeda. The fight against criminals identifying themselves with this organisation must be pursued relentlessly and bring together all the States that are victims of these crimes,” Sarkozy said. (ANI)
- Sarkozy salutes US tenacity to kill Laden, need to pursue others - May 02, 2011
- Text of Obama's speech announcing Osama's killing - May 02, 2011
- Terror on celluloid: Documentaries, movies tracking Osama - May 02, 2011
- Highlights of Obama's speech - May 02, 2011
- Al Qaeda determined to make 'new history': report - Apr 30, 2012
- Mexican drug lord will meet Osama's fate: US - Feb 28, 2012
- US Special Troops kill Osama Bin Laden in Attotabad - May 02, 2011
- Literature of terror: Books Osama spawned - May 02, 2011
- Give Osama bounty to 9/11 victims, say lawmakers - May 10, 2011
- Inconceivable Osama did not have support system in Pakistan: US - May 03, 2011
- Al Qaeda posts video on 9/11 anniversary - Sep 13, 2011
- Osama tape threatens to kill French hostages - Jan 21, 2011
- Osama's death not a big loss for Al Qaeda: Iraqi expert - May 02, 2011
- President Obama's statement on Osama bin Laden (Part-II) - May 02, 2011
- Rumsfeld: Death of Bin Laden a victory in the fight against Islamist terrorism - May 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,