FOX Poll says Obama believes in bigger governmentMarch 6th, 2009 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.6 (ANI): A majority of Americans think President Barack Obama is meeting, if not exceeding, expectations, and keeping his campaign promises.
In addition, despite Obama’’s claim that he doesn”t believe in bigger government, a new poll shows there is widespread belief among Americans that he does.
Fifty Six percent of those polled thinks the federal government is too big today. And by a 20-percentage point margin 55 percent to 35 percent the poll finds Americans would rather pay lower taxes and have a smaller government rather than pay higher taxes for larger government.
President Obama’’s job approval rating stands at 63 percent, with 26 percent saying they disapprove, according to the FOX News poll released Thursday.
Partisanship is clear in how people rate the president’’s performance, as a whopping 92 percent of Democrats say they approve more than three times as many as the 30 percent of Republicans who give Obama the thumbs up. Among independents, 61 percent approve.
Just over half of Americans 52 percent think so far Obama is meeting expectations and 14 percent say he is actually exceeding expectations. The number of people who think Obama is falling below expectations has doubled from 11 percent in January to 23 percent today.
A large 90 percent majority of Democrats think Obama is meeting or exceeding expectations, up from 82 percent (13-14 January 2009).
All in all, 58 percent think Obama is keeping the promises he made during the campaign more than twice the number who say he is drifting off course (28 percent).
Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from March 3 to March 4. The poll has a 3-point error margin. (ANI)
- More Americans want a new president than Obama to be re-elected: Fox News poll - Apr 08, 2011
- Fox News Poll: Voters give mixed reviews for Obama's economy recovery efforts - Feb 11, 2011
- A year into office, one in two Americans approve of Obama's job performance - Jan 15, 2010
- Most Americans approve of Obama's decision to resume military tribunals in Gitmo - Mar 25, 2011
- One in four Americans doubt Obama was born in US: Fox News poll - Apr 08, 2011
- US Senate rejects Obama's wealth tax proposal - Apr 17, 2012
- Minority Leader John Boehner softens his position on tax cuts - Sep 13, 2010
- Mood among Americans lowest in two years: NYT-CBS poll - Apr 22, 2011
- Support for Obama hits new low point: Survey - Dec 15, 2011
- Obama's job performance rating drops overall, according to US poll - Jul 16, 2010
- Gaddafi keener to stay in power than Obama to oust him says Fox News Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- 66 percent US voters want Obama to start taking responsibility - Apr 23, 2010
- Wall Street protests taking on a political hue - Oct 23, 2011
- Americans split over GOP efforts to repel Obama administration's health care law: Poll - Feb 11, 2011
- Over 50 pct Americans think Obama meeting expectations: Poll - Jan 16, 2009
Tags: barack obama, belief, error margin, federal government, fox news, government president, independents, job approval rating, lower taxes, national telephone, new poll, news poll, opinion dynamics corp, partisanship, percentage point margin, point error, registered voters, republicans, telephone poll, three times