Four sons of Malaysian Indian widow drown at seaJanuary 28th, 2009 - 12:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Jan 28 (IANS) All four sons of a Malaysian Indian widow have drowned at sea where they had gone for a swim during the school holidays, a media report said Wednesday.V. Letchumy, 52, who lost her husband five years ago, was inconsolable at the funeral of all four of her children - S. Netthiah, 17, Prasanah, 16, Gopi, 14 and Ganeswaran, 10, The Star newspaper said.
Letchumy’s younger brother, taxi driver Rajendran, 47, said the deaths were hard for the family to accept.
“Everyone is in shock. It all happened so suddenly,” he said.
Letchumy and her children were on their way to visit a relative Sunday when they persuaded their mother to let them go for a short swim at Tanjung Balau.
Rajendran said Letchumy relented because it was the school holidays and she let her nephew S. Veerasamy, 22, take them swimming.
Only Veerasamy survived the tragedy.
- 11 students drowned in China - Jun 10, 2012
- Thane schoolgirl drowns in Lonavala school pool - Jun 04, 2012
- Boy drowns to death in school pool - Aug 16, 2012
- 14 kids killed in Pakistan accident - Jun 10, 2011
- Portable Pools pose a drowning risk - Jun 21, 2011
- Murdered Indian woman and daughter in New Zealand farewelled in same coffin - Jun 12, 2010
- Week after leg crushed by bus, girl dies - Jul 24, 2012
- Evicted grandmother chains herself to Spain's central bank - May 01, 2012
- Three children drown while playing in pool - May 20, 2011
- Sip of death leaves families bereft of hope - Dec 15, 2011
- Congress MP, hundreds attend Kishenji cremation - Nov 27, 2011
- Three drown at Mumbai's Aksa Beach (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- Teen drowns in unauthorised swimming pool - Aug 20, 2012
- Learning to swim 'could make kids smarter' - Nov 02, 2010
- Indian widow loses salary in Malaysia, daughter back home - Jan 01, 2011