Four shot at New York nightclubMay 8th, 2011 - 1:29 am ICT by BNO News
SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — Four people were injured on early Saturday morning when a gunman opened fire at a nightclub on Long Island in New York, police said.
The shooting happened at around 3.31 a.m. local time at the Oxygen nightclub in Rocky Point, a hamlet in Suffolk County on the North Shore of Long Island. Police responded after a person at the club called 911.
Suffolk County police said officers arrived at the scene a short while later and found three women with gunshot wounds. Another victim, a man, was taken by a friend to John T. Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson before police arrived.
The three women, two of whom were shot in the leg and the other who was shot in the foot, were transported to Stony Brook University Medical Center by Rocky Point Ambulance. The man, who was shot in the leg and his torso was grazed with a bullet, was later also transfered to Stony Brook University Medical Center.
Suffolk County Police Seventh Squad detectives are investigating the incident, but no arrests were made as of Saturday afternoon. The motive for the shooting is also still unknown.
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Indian American student among wounded in US shooting (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- New York gunman kills one, injures 10; shot dead (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Three people shot outside a nightclub in Tampa, FL - Aug 09, 2010
- Three killed in shooting near US varsity (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Norway killer Breivik revisits site of shooting rampage - Aug 15, 2011
- State Police in Watertown, NY arrest man for breaking daughter's leg - Feb 11, 2010
- Gainesville Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Injured - Oct 05, 2010
- New York gunman kills one; shot dead (Third Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Gunman shoots five teenagers at New Orleans birthday party - Mar 13, 2011
- Gunman kills 11 at Rio de Janeiro school before killing self - Apr 07, 2011
- Indian-American shot dead in California - Apr 14, 2012
- Kentucky Shooting: Stanley Neace goes on killing spree - Sep 12, 2010
- Six die in suspected murder-suicide attack in southern Florida - Sep 27, 2010
- Two wounded in gurdwara shooting improve - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: bno, detectives, gunman opened fire, gunshot wounds, island police, john t mather memorial hospital, mather memorial hospital, new york police, north shore, oxygen nightclub, port jefferson, rocky point, saturday afternoon, saturday morning, stony brook university, suffolk county new york, suffolk county police, three women, university medical center, york nightclub