Four Shias shot dead in Pakistan (Lead)September 23rd, 2011 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 23 (IANS) Four Shias were shot dead in southwest Pakistan after gunmen ambushed their van Friday, Xinhua reported.
The attack took place around 4.00 p.m. on Saryab road in Balochistan capital Quetta.
The van was carrying about 20 people. The attackers, who arrived on motorcycles, pulled out the Shias on board before shoting them dead. The assailants fled the scene.
On Tuesday, 29 Shias were killed in the province. Of them, 26 were gunned down after their bus was ambushed. Three others were shot dead when they went to collect the bodies of those killed in the bus attack from a hospital.
The Sunni extremist group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi has claimed responsibility for both attacks.
- 29 Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan - Sep 21, 2011
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Five Pakistani paramilitary men killed - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan-Iran border closed after Shia massacre - Sep 22, 2011
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- Pakistan moves against Shia killers, 70 held - Oct 05, 2011
- 12 Shias killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Six Shias shot dead in Pakistan - Apr 10, 2012
- Official shot dead in Pakistan's Quetta - Oct 08, 2011
- Terror bid foiled in Pakistan - Sep 24, 2011
- 76 die in Pakistan bombings - Sep 03, 2010
- Pakistan's Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claims responsibility for Quetta blast - Sep 03, 2010
- Gunmen attack bus carrying Shiite Muslims in southwestern Pakistan, killing 13 - Oct 05, 2011
- Seven die as militants fire at bus - Jul 29, 2011