Four rebels killed in AfghanistanApril 12th, 2009 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, April 12 (Xinhua) Four suspected insurgents were killed in Afghanistan’s Zabul province by Afghan forces backed by the US-led Coalition troops, authorities said Sunday.
“Afghan National Army Security Forces and Coalition Forces killed four armed militants in Shinkay district of Zabul Province on Saturday after they came under attack,” a press release said.
Air support was also used to eliminate the militants. The troops did not suffer casualties, it said.
The troops Sunday discovered an explosives-laden vehicle in Sabari district of eastern Khost province, foiling a terrorist attack.
- Five militants killed, 22 held in Afghanistan - Feb 27, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
- Afghan, coalition forces kill 22 insurgents in Afghanistan (Lead) - Apr 12, 2009
- 13 insurgents killed, 8 held in Afghanistan - Dec 10, 2011
- 25 killed as insurgent attack foiled in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Four killed in Afghanistan chopper crash - Feb 12, 2012
- Kabul fighting over - Apr 16, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Seven Taliban killed, 18 held in Afghanistan - Feb 12, 2012
- Coalition forces kill 20 Taliban in Afghanistan - Aug 12, 2010
- 11 militants killed, 19 held in Afghanistan - Oct 09, 2011
- Taliban cell leader and other suspected insurgents captured throughout Afghanistan - Jul 25, 2010
- 40 militants killed in Afghanistan clashes (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2009
Tags: afghanistan kabul, army security, authorities, casualties, coalition forces, coalition troops, explosives, insurgents, khost, militants, national army, Press Release, rebels, security forces, terrorist attack, xinhua, zabul province