Four Maoist rebels arrested in JharkhandOctober 14th, 2008 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 14 (IANS) Jharkhand police Tuesday arrested four Maoist rebels and seized a huge cache of arms from them in Giridih district of the state.According to police, the four hardcore rebels, belonging to outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), were arrested from Parasnath hills of Giridih district, around 290 km from Ranchi, Tuesday morning. The Parasnath hills area is considered as a den of CPI-Maoist rebels.
Police recovered a huge cache of arms, hidden in a water tank, from the Maoist rebels. The recovered arms include two land mines, one bag full of detonators, five quintals of gelatin sticks, 25 live cartridges, 50 bundles of fuse wires and two rifles.
The combing operation, launched three days ago, is still on, police said adding that intelligence inputs gathered suggest that a large number of rebels were hiding in the Parasnath hills and were planning to execute a landmine blast.
Maoist rebels are active in 18 of the 24 districts in the state. In the last seven years, more than 1,300 persons including civilians and Maoist rebels have been killed.
- Three Maoists arrested in Ranchi - Dec 13, 2010
- Security forces unearth Maoist arms dump in Odisha - Sep 11, 2012
- Maoist commander killed in Jharkhand (Lead) - Aug 01, 2010
- Four Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Jul 01, 2010
- Arms recovered from Maoist hideout in Bihar - Oct 20, 2010
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Sep 17, 2010
- 5 Maoists, including 2 women, arrested in Jharkhand - Apr 15, 2011
- Parasnath hills: A synthesis of peace and violence (Feature) - Nov 03, 2010
- Five Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 04, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 14, 2011
- Two Maoists arrested, weapons recovered - Jan 30, 2011
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 11, 2010
- Maoist carrying reward of Rs.2 lakh arrested - Aug 25, 2010
- Huge cache of explosives recovered in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 14, 2010
- Five people held with 425 kg of gelatin - Mar 02, 2011