Four killed in US as tornadoes batter Ohio stateJune 7th, 2010 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Washington/Chicago, June 6 (IANS) Four people were killed and 17 injured as tornados and storms battered the US state of Ohio, Xinhua reported Sunday.
Storms destroyed about 50 buildings, including a police and emergency medical services building in Lake Township Saturday night. The fire department said a tornado has left over 10 km of destruction.
A severe storm system moved through north-central Illinois Saturday night, bringing heavy rains to the Chicago area and spawning tornados that damaged a swath of the state.
The brunt of the storm system passed through south of the I-80 corridor, with reports of tornadoes touching down near Peoria, Streator, Dwight and Kankakee before the system moved into Indiana.
The National Weather Service confirmed Sunday that tornadoes touched down in Lostant, Streator, Dwight and Buckingham in central Illinois.
Authorities were assessing the damage Sunday morning. A survey team is also looking into whether another tornado hit close to Elmwood, near Peoria.
- At least seven killed, 85 injured after tornado outbreak in US Midwest - Jun 07, 2010
- National Weather Service Issues Tornado Warning - Jun 06, 2010
- 32 killed as tornadoes rip US (Third Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- US tornado toll reaches 38 - Mar 04, 2012
- 28 die as tornadoes rip US (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Streator Wrecked By Tornado, Police Trying To Rescue Residents - Jun 06, 2010
- Tornadoes kill 14 in US (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Search for victims after deadly tornadoes in US - Mar 05, 2012
- Seven killed in US tornado (Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
- 4 killed in Branson Tornado - Feb 29, 2012
- Tornado in US city kills 116 - May 24, 2011
- 10 killed in giant tornado in US (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
- University Of Illinois' Classes Remains Suspended Owing To Chicago Blizzard - Feb 02, 2011
- Billings Tornado Causes Massive Destruction - Jun 21, 2010
- 25 killed as tornadoes hit US - May 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,