Four killed, 31 hurt in Afghan car bombing (Lead)January 26th, 2012 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Jan 26 (IANS) A suicide bomber blew up a explosives-laden car Thursday in the capital of Afghanistan’s Helmand province, killing at least three other people and injuring 31, Xinhua reported.
The attack took place next to the education department building in Lashkar Gah, around 550 km from Kabul, said deputy provincial police chief Kamaludin Shirzai.
A child was among the dead, said provincial administration spokesman Daud Ahmadi.
At least six vehicles were damaged in the blast. Three women and one foreign soldier sustained injuries, he said.
The bombing took place when personnel of the NATO-led Provincial Reconstruction Team were near the education department, he said.
- Car bombing rocks Afghan city - Jan 26, 2012
- Suicide bombing rocks Afghanistan city - Sep 27, 2011
- 10 policemen die in Afghan car bombing - Jul 31, 2011
- 19 killed in Afghanistan roadside blast - Dec 07, 2011
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- Terrorist attack foiled in Afghanistan - Jan 02, 2012
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Seven killed in Afghan suicide blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- Two kids killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 12, 2012
- Bicycle bomb kills 17 in Afghanistan - Mar 31, 2010
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Seven die in Afghanistan blast - Feb 28, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- 32 militants killed in Afghanistan - Feb 04, 2010
Tags: capital of afghanistan, car bombing, education department, explosives, gah, helmand province, kabul, nato, provincial administration, provincial police, provincial reconstruction team, soldier, spokesman, suicide bomber, three women, xinhua