Four girls terrorise Mexican city with massacre jokeNovember 15th, 2010 - 12:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Nov 15 (IANS/EFE) Four high school girl students have been sent for psychological treatment after their joke about an upcoming massacre created panic in a Mexican city, officials said.
Police found a message written in the front of a bank building that warned of a coming massacre in Ciudad Aldama city in Chihuahua state.
“Attention: tomorrow there will be general death at noon,” the message said.
Police were deployed to guard the approaches to the city, where business owners urged employees to stay home.
The four girls were detained after one of them, a 14-year-old, told her mother that she had taken part in the prank. The students’ families immediately notified authorities of their involvement.
“We are the most embarrassed ones and are willing to let them face the consequences for their actions, whatever they are,” the mother of one of the students said.
The four teenagers were questioned by prosecutors, who concluded that they needed counselling.
“They are good girls, but they need a specialist to guide them,” a spokesman said.
Chihuahua, bordering US’ Texas state, has registered over 2,800 murders this year.
- Six mutilated bodies found in Mexico - Sep 12, 2011
- Four die in Mexico prison fight - Jan 30, 2012
- Five bullet-riddled bodies found on Mexican highway - Dec 31, 2010
- Gunmen attack funeral procession in Mexican city - Feb 17, 2011
- 13 shot dead inside bar in Mexico - Apr 22, 2012
- Mexican women's rights activist shot at - Dec 04, 2011
- Extortionists torch school in Mexican border city - Dec 07, 2010
- Nine gunned down at Mexican nightclub - Feb 05, 2012
- Cold wave kills 34 animals at Mexican zoo - Feb 06, 2011
- Mexican city's lone police officer kidnapped - Dec 28, 2010
- Woman police chief flees Mexico after death threats - Mar 06, 2011
- Mexican woman killed while seeking justice for slain daughter - Dec 18, 2010
- Gunmen kill 15 in Mexico (Lead) - Oct 24, 2010
- 10 killed in bar shooting in Mexico - Apr 02, 2011
- Accused of rape, Mexican singer held in US - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: aldama, authorities, business owners, city officials, consequences, efe, four girls, girl students, good girls, high school girl, joke, mexico city, mj, murders, prosecutors, psychological treatment, spokesman, state attention, teenagers