Four found dead at home in northern EnglandDecember 12th, 2011 - 6:37 pm ICT by BNO News
PUDSEY, ENGLAND (BNO NEWS) — Four people were found dead at a house in northern England on late Sunday afternoon, police said on Monday morning. A murder investigation has been launched.
West Yorkshire Police said it attended a house in Pudsey, a market town located in West Yorkshire county, at around 5.30 p.m. local time on Sunday after concerns were raised by family members. Four bodies were discovered in an upstairs bedroom which had sustained fire damage.
“Initially we had concerns regarding the release of harmful chemicals or gases,” said Detective Superintendent Paul Taylor of the Homicide and Major Inquiry Team. “Following testing, we no longer have any concerns with regards to those working at the scene and we will continue our investigations today.”
Police said the victims were identified as two adults, a 37-year-old man and his 36-year-old female partner, and two young boys aged 9 and 1. Officials said an investigation into the cause of the fire and the circumstances surrounding the deaths is underway.
Autopsies on the bodies are expected to be carried out on Monday.
- British billionaire 'lived with wife's body for four days' - Jul 12, 2012
- House fire in England kills four young children - Jan 25, 2011
- Police to probe death of Jaipal Reddy's niece - Jun 20, 2011
- Indian family of four found dead in Australia - May 01, 2012
- Woman's body exhumed following rape, murder allegations - Jul 12, 2012
- Beauty queen shoots, kills intruder at her Florida home - Mar 23, 2011
- Indian origin businessman murdered in Britain - Feb 28, 2011
- Virginia Girl Brittany Mae Smith Goes Missing, Mother Dead - Dec 08, 2010
- Police firing did not kill anyone in Bharatpur: Official - Sep 19, 2011
- British cops meet slain Indian student's kin again - Jan 03, 2012
- Murdered Nepali woman's body found in tank - Jul 26, 2011
- 15-year-old becomes England's youngest first-class cricketer - Apr 28, 2011
- Muslim preacher arrested over assault on children at mosque in England - Feb 16, 2011
- Blasts suspect's family awaits body for funeral - Jul 18, 2011
- Briton kills three family members before himself - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: bno, detective, female partner, fire damage, gases, harmful chemicals, homicide, inquiry team, late sunday afternoon, local time, monday morning, murder investigation, northern england, paul taylor, pudsey, upstairs bedroom, west yorkshire police, yorkshire, yorkshire county, young boys