Four drug traffickers hanged in IranJune 4th, 2010 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, June 3 (DPA) Four convicted drug traffickers were hanged Thursday in central Iran, Fars news agency reported.
The four were hanged in a prison in the city of Yazd after their initial death sentences were confirmed by the Supreme Court.
Murder, rape, armed robbery and drug trafficking of quantities in excess of 5 kg are among crimes punishable by death in Iran.
- Six convicted drug traffickers hanged in Iran - May 08, 2010
- Five drug traffickers hanged in Iran - Aug 07, 2010
- Four drug traffickers hanged in Iran - Jul 07, 2010
- Four drug traffickers hanged in Iran - Jul 20, 2010
- Iran hangs four rapists - Oct 12, 2011
- 11 people hanged in Iran - May 27, 2011
- 20 hanged in Iran for drug trafficking - Jul 04, 2009
- Iran hangs 11 convicted drug traffickers - Nov 25, 2011
- Iran hangs dozens of drug peddlers - Jan 30, 2011
- 11 convicted murderers hanged in Tehran - Jan 21, 2009
- Iran hangs murderer in public - Sep 21, 2011
- Five drug traffickers hanged in Iran - May 11, 2011
- Three convicted rapists hanged in Iran - Jul 21, 2011
- 26 drug traffickers hanged in Iran - Jun 30, 2011
- Iran hangs woman for murdering football hubby's first wife - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: armed robbery, central iran, crimes punishable by death, death sentences, drug traffickers, drug trafficking, fars news agency, iran tehran, june 3, kg, murder rape, quantities, supreme court, yazd