Four dead inhaling toxic gas in ChinaNovember 14th, 2011 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 14 (IANS) At least four workers were killed and six others hospitalised Monday after inhaling toxic carbon monoxide gas at a cement company in China.
The incident took place around 11.30 a.m. at the Jiangxi Yadong cement company in Jiujiang in Jiangxi province, Xinhua reported.
There was a lack of oxygen, as the workers were working in a warehouse crammed with pulverized coal, an official said.
The factory produces eight million tonnes of cement annually.
- 20 tonnes of sulphuric acid leaks in China - Dec 06, 2011
- 14 ill as gas leaks in Chinese plant - Feb 23, 2012
- Seven Chinese miners killed in gas burst (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- One killed, 30 injured in China gas leak - Jan 17, 2012
- Beijing strives to be coal-free - Mar 04, 2012
- Five sacked over China coal mine blast - Oct 22, 2011
- Thousands evacuated after blast at chemical plant in southern China - Nov 24, 2011
- 2,000 evacuated due to gas leak in China - Aug 14, 2010
- Nine die from gas poisoning in China mine - Jul 05, 2010
- 130 workers faint in Cambodia - Oct 25, 2011
- 11 trapped in China coal mine - Apr 27, 2012
- Toxic gas leakage kills two in China - Apr 19, 2012
- Mining accident kills eight workers in China's Gansu province - Apr 29, 2011
- Explosives-laden truck explodes at Chinese cement factory, 9 dead - Aug 28, 2012
- Six dead in central China coal mine gas leak - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,