Four changes in India’s archery squadMay 12th, 2009 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 12 (IANS) The Archery Association of India (AAI) has effected four changes to the 16-member Indian contingent which will participate in the World Cup stage III at Antalya in Turkey June 2-7.
The four, Viswash, Chekrovolu Swuro (both recurve), Arjun Rao and S. Jayalakshmi (both compound) have been replaced by Kapil, Reena Kumari, M. Chinglensana and Vrushali Gorle, respectively, according to AAI secretary general P.N. Mukherjee.
Indian archers have won three gold medals and two bronze from the two World Cup meets held so far.
Recurve (men): Rahul Banerjee, Jayanta Talukdar (both Steel Plant), Mangal Singh Champia (Railways) and Kapil (Chandigarh). Women: L. Bombayla Devi, Dola Banerjee and Reena Kumar (all Railways) and Rimil Biruily (Steel Plant).
Compound (Men): C. Srither, Chungda Sherpa, Kh. Ratan Singh and M. Chinglensana Luwang (all Services). Women: Jhanu Hansda, Bheigyabati Chanu, Namita Yadav (all Jharkhand) and Vrushali Gorle (Maharashtra).
The following will represent India in the second Asian Grand Prix at Tehran (May 18-23):
Recurve (men): Kapil (Chd), Tarundeep Rai, Muni Ram Tirkey and K. Shivshankar (all Services).
Women: Punya Prabha (UP), Sushma, Reena Kumari (both Railways) and V. Pranitha (Steel Plant).
Compound (men): L. Haridas Singh, M. Chinglensana Luwang, Arun Sharma (all Services) and Amrinder Singh (Punjab).
Women: Sakro Besra (Railways), Vrushali Gorle (Maharashtra), Manjudha Soy and Sweety Kumari (both Jharkhand).
- Eight-member Indian recurve archery squad for World Cup - May 17, 2010
- Chekrovolu, Jayalakshmi make the cut for World Cup - Apr 12, 2009
- Indians dominate Asian Grand Prix archery qualifying round - May 22, 2009
- India's Luwang in Asian Indoor Archery meet semis - Nov 04, 2009
- Indian compound squad named for World Archery Championship - Jul 31, 2009
- Archery: modest show by Indians in qualifying rounds - Nov 04, 2009
- Asian Grand Prix: Five Indian archers in medal race - May 24, 2009
- Rahul, Mangal in Indian archery team for Asian Grand Prix - Feb 09, 2012
- Indian archery squad named for World Cups - Jul 13, 2011
- Indian archery team for Asian meets announced - Oct 16, 2009
- Arjun Rao in national team for archery world cups - Apr 12, 2009
- Indian women claim bronze in team compound - Nov 07, 2009
- 64 archers selected for Commonwealth Games training - Sep 23, 2008
- Nine nations to clash in Asian Archery Grand Prix - Sep 14, 2009
- Archer Srither, Chungda surpass India's previous best - Apr 03, 2009
Tags: aai, archers, archery association, arun sharma, dola banerjee, gold medals, haridas, jayalakshmi, jharkhand, namita, plant compound, punjab, railways, ratan singh, reena kumari, sherpa, stage iii, steel plant, sweety, tirkey