Four Britons held guilty of murdering Asian manNovember 12th, 2011 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 12 (IANS) Four Britons have been found guilty of murdering an Asian shopkeeper in Birmingham, BBC reported.
Suppiah Tharmaseelan, 48, was stabbed in a robbery at the Select Convenience Store last November.
Tharmaseelan’s young children were in a flat above his shop and saw the attack via the CCTV system.
Twins John and Ian Meenan, 27, and brothers Anthony Bayliss, 25, and Liam Ryan, 19, have been found guilty of murder by the Birmingham Crown Court.
A fifth man, James Moore, 25, was acquitted.
Earlier, all five had pleaded guilty to a charge of robbery.
Two men accused of trying to delete the CCTV footage were also released.
Tharmaseelan’s wife Sangeetha said: “Suppiah was a hard-working man and worked long hours to support his family. He was my rock and my life. My children cry at night and are afraid that these nasty people will come back for them.”
“They close their eyes and the nightmare returns. I have lost my husband and my whole life, everything we worked for has been ripped to pieces and everyday I look at my children who look lost and ask why did this happen?”
Detective Chief Inspector Sab Johal of the West Midlands Police said: “Suppiah was a decent family man who worked hard to earn a living. He was well known and liked in the local community and had run the shop for five years.”
- Two suspects questioned by cops in connection with Brit-Indian shopkeeper's murder - Nov 29, 2010
- Brit-Indian shopkeeper's murder watched by teenage daughter on CCTV - Nov 29, 2010
- Brit nurse suspended for having affair with heart, lung transplant patient - Jul 29, 2010
- CCTV becomes contemporary citizens' tool for vigil - May 22, 2011
- British police release CCTV footage of rioters - Aug 11, 2011
- Former priest jailed for sexual abuse of boys - Oct 22, 2010
- Brit Indian Sikh found guilty of wife's murder over her asking for divorce - Dec 03, 2010
- Men in khaki leave UP government red-faced - Jul 14, 2012
- First people to reach America were Asians, scientists confirm (The Funny Side) - Jul 27, 2012
- Shopkeeper in Britain prevents robbery with stick - Apr 09, 2012
- Ian Botham's son worried about his kidnapped dog - Nov 25, 2011
- London riots: fourth victim dies - Aug 12, 2011
- London calm, violence grips other British cities (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Birmingham is capital of 'child prostitution' - Jan 22, 2011
- Family kills pregnant Pakistani woman in Britain - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: asian man, bayliss, britons, cctv system, chief inspector, convenience store, crown court, cry at night, decent family, family man, hard working man, johal, last november, liam, meenan, nightmare returns, robbery, sangeetha, shopkeeper, west midlands police