Four Al Qaeda militants killed in IraqApril 26th, 2008 - 4:40 pm ICT by admin
Tikrit (Iraq), April 26 (Xinhua) At least four Al Qaeda militants have been killed in an US airstrike near the Iraqi city of Samarra in Salahudin province, a police official said Saturday. A US aircraft pounded an Al Qaeda hideout near the city of Samarra in Salahudin province, some 120 km north of Baghdad, killing a local Al Qaeda leader and his three associates, police officer Alaa Jasim said.
One of the militants was of Saudi origin, he said, adding that some local residents have identified the bodies.
The province has been a stronghold of Al Qaeda.
- 15 die in Iraq - Jul 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq suicide attack - Feb 21, 2011
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- TV host killed in Iraq bombing - Apr 04, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bomb attack - Oct 19, 2010
- Iraq bans visits to Saddam Hussein's grave - Jan 22, 2012
- 10 killed, 30 injured in Iraq twin terror attack - Jul 28, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 11 in Iraq - Dec 03, 2009
- Gunmen kill tribal leader, woman official in Iraq - Feb 16, 2011
- Iraq suicide blast toll rises to 33 - Feb 13, 2011
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- 63 killed in Iraq as violence escalates - Aug 15, 2011
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012