Former Miss Russia jailed in USDecember 14th, 2011 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Dec 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Miss Russia 1998 and former Miss Universe semifinalist Anna Malova, charged in the US with forging drug prescriptions, will spend Christmas holidays in jail, the New York Post reported.
Malova, 39, was sent to jail in the US last week after getting thrown out of a drug rehab programme for inappropriate behaviour. One of the patients at the Bronx drug rehab facility accused Malova of slapping her and acquired an order of protection.
“This patient is still pursuing an order of protection, and as long as that is pending the programme can’t bring her back,” the daily quoted Malova’s lawyer Robert Gottlieb as saying.
Malova, 39, was arrested in February 2010 on charges of illegal drug possession, forgery and impersonating a physician. She is suspected of stealing prescription sheets from her doctors in order to get access to Vicodin and Klonopin.
Besides illegal possession of drugs she was also charged with forgery and impersonating a physician, charges she denied.
The US court included her in a 12-month drug addiction treatment programme, but the clinic expelled her for assault and battery.
Malova’s next court appearance is scheduled for Jan 3. The former Miss Russia faces seven years in prison and deportation from the US if found guilty.
- Former Miss Russia arrested for shoplifting in New York - Apr 28, 2011
- Former Miss Russia again held in US on drug charges - May 19, 2010
- Ex-Miss Russia, in prescription forging bust, arrested for shoplifting in US - Apr 28, 2011
- Anna Malova Arrested Again! - May 20, 2010
- Ex-Miss Russia in fake prescription case jailed - May 04, 2011
- Former Miss Russia busted for drug possession - May 19, 2010
- Ex-Miss Russia Arrested On Drug Charges - May 22, 2010
- Uruguay to debate legalising marijuana - Aug 09, 2012
- Russian woman jailed for ordering father's murder - Sep 15, 2011
- Ex-Miss Russia Anna Malova Arrested With Drug Charges - May 22, 2010
- Drug users may face jail under new Russian bill - Mar 20, 2012
- Russian sect views Putin as reincarnation of St. Paul - May 12, 2011
- Russian narcotics market worth over $8 bn - Mar 24, 2012
- Russian expert who sold rocket secrets to China freed - Jun 19, 2012
- Russian senators approve anti-opposition bills - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: assault and battery, christmas holidays, court appearance, drug addiction treatment, drug possession, drug prescriptions, illegal drug, illegal possession of drugs, inappropriate behaviour, klonopin, miss russia, miss universe, new york dec, new york post, order of protection, physician charges, possession of drugs, rehab facility, ria novosti, robert gottlieb