Former “Manhattan Madam” Kristin Davis to run for governor of NYSeptember 10th, 2010 - 6:35 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Sept 10 (ANI): Former “Manhattan Madam” Kristin Davis has revealed that she is running for governor of New York as a minor-party candidate.
Davis, 35, is hoping to push her causes of legalizing and taxing marijuana, legalizing gay marriage and decriminalizing prostitution.
“I am a protest candidate. The career politicians have run this state into the ground,” the New York Post quoted her as saying.
“Both Republicans and Democrats, working together, have given us the highest property taxes in the nation,” she said.
In her economic analysis, she claims 15 billion dollars total economic benefit from legalizing marijuana.
In her plan to decriminalize prostitution, she said it should be run as in Nevada, where the women are protected from pimps and are regularly tested for sexually transmitted diseases.
Davis, who has secured a line on the ballot in November for her Anti-Prohibition Party, said she plans to carry out a statewide tour.
And if she gets 50,000 votes in November, she will secure an automatic ballot line for at least four years and gain a voice in New York politics.
“I’m pretty confident we’ll get it,” she added. (ANI)
- Is Kristin Davis going to run for the New York Governor elections? - Aug 25, 2010
- Spitzer's Manhattan madam Kristin Davis gets early end to probation - Nov 10, 2010
- Spitzer "madam" set to announce own candidacy for New York Governor - Feb 26, 2010
- Former prostitute in New York gubernatorial debate - Oct 19, 2010
- Hooker who claims to have bedded Becks 'slept with Spitzer' - Sep 30, 2010
- Spitzer madam Kristin Davis wants to see more up-to-date pictures - Sep 21, 2010
- Eliot Spitzer's madam Kristin Davis gets Hooker support for governor bid - Aug 21, 2010
- Ex-madam Kristin Davis to run for New York Governor - Feb 08, 2010
- Ex-madam Kristin Davis to run for comptroller against Eliot Spitzer - Dec 16, 2009
- Former Manhattan Madam says Spitzer is as bad in bed as on TV - Oct 08, 2010
- IMF ex-chief hired prostitutes, claims madame - May 19, 2011
- Spitzer 'to give ethics lecture' at Harvard! - Nov 12, 2009
- Nevada brothel Shady Lady Ranch starts serving up men - Jan 06, 2010
- Madam Davis plans to hold press conference outside Spitzer's fundraiser - Aug 04, 2009
- Madam in Spitzer prostitute case wants former governor prosecuted - Aug 21, 2009
Tags: billion dollars, career politicians, economic analysis, economic benefit, governor of new york, governor of ny new york, kristin davis, legalizing gay marriage, legalizing marijuana, madam, new york post, party candidate, pimps, prohibition party, property taxes, prostitution, republicans and democrats, statewide tour, taxing marijuana, york politics