Former journalist Jay Carney to take over from Robert Gibbs as White House press secretaryJanuary 28th, 2011 - 2:59 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 28 (ANI): The US Vice-President’s Communications Director Jay Carney is all set to replace Robert Gibbs as the next White House press secretary.
The BBC quoted Gibbs as saying in an email, that the handover would take place in the next few weeks, adding that he would leave his post in late February.
Although Carney, is a newcomer to President Barack Obama’s inner circle, he is a former journalist who is well connected within the Washington press corps, and has played a crucial role in many of the administration’s public relations moves during the last two years, the report said.
Besides Carney, Obama has appointed few other new faces inside the White House like Bill Daley, the President’s chief of staff, and David Plouffe, his top political adviser in the West Wing.
Gibbs would reportedly become Obama’s outside advisor ahead of the 2012 presidential elections. (ANI)
- Former Reporter Jay Carney To Replace Robert Gibbs, To Be Named Press Secretary - Jan 28, 2011
- Press Secretary Gibbs to leave White House - Jan 06, 2011
- 'Facebook in talks to hire former White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs' - Mar 28, 2011
- US House passes massive defence budget - Dec 15, 2011
- Russian, US presidents to meet in March - Dec 17, 2011
- Obama, Karzai talk on Afghan situation - Mar 09, 2012
- Obama to give India ties priority in second term too - Apr 05, 2011
- White House chief of staff William Daley steps down - Jan 10, 2012
- Obama celebrates 50th birthday with friends, family - Aug 05, 2011
- Policeman in Obama motorcade dies in accident - Sep 10, 2012
- Obama's private 'candid comments' accidentally leaked into White House press room - Apr 16, 2011
- Obama's insular White House worries his allies - Dec 25, 2010
- Obama reviews US-Pak cooperation in war on terror - Apr 26, 2011
- We won't trot out Osama photos as trophies: Obama (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- Ties with Pakistan essential to fight terror: US - Jul 31, 2011
Tags: barack obama, bill daley, carney, chief of staff, communications director, director jay, handover, inner circle, jan 28, new faces, newcomer, political adviser, presidential elections, press secretary, robert gibbs, s communications, us vice president, washington press corps, west wing, white house press