Former ISI chief Hamid Gul arrestedNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:26 am ICT by admin
It is yet to be known why he was arrested, but he has been arrested, sources added.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan, the acting President of PML-N, Javed Hashmi, have also been arrested.
Hashmi was arrested in Multan. The president of the Supreme Court Bar Association, Aitzaz Ahsan, and other legal leaders including Munir A. Malik, Ali Ahmad Kurd and Tariq Mehmood were also taken into custody immediately after emergency rule was imposed.
At least 10 activists of Pakistan Muslim League (N) have been arrested, The News quoted sources, as saying.
The police continued raids on leaders of various political parties in various parts of country including Lahore, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Islamabad, Karachi, Quetta and Hyderabad. (ANI)
- Pakistan attorney general turns abusive in Supreme Court - Jun 15, 2012
- ISI calls the shots in Pakistan: Imran Khan - Nov 14, 2011
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Won't support any coup, says Imran Khan - Jan 12, 2012
- Zardari leaves a tense Pakistan for a day in Dubai (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Wrong to say Pakistan harboured Laden: Ex-ISI chief - May 02, 2011
- Pakistan must not leave Siachen unilaterally: Imran Khan - Apr 23, 2012
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- ISI chief Pasha to get another extension in office, confirms Mukhtar - Mar 13, 2011
- Gilani approves one-year extension to Pasha as ISI chief - Mar 15, 2011
- Pakistan's ex-foreign minister joins Imran's party - Nov 28, 2011
- ISI chief Pasha may get another extension in office - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistani apex court suspends 28 lawmakers, two ministers - Feb 06, 2012
- Convicted Gilani must quit, says opposition - Apr 26, 2012
- Country stands by Supreme Court, says Imran Khan - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: acting president, ahsan, ali ahmad, dr shahid masood, emergency rule, geo tv, hamid gul, imran khan, insaf, isi chief, javed, legal leaders, lt general, malik ali, multan, pakistan muslim league, pti, supreme court bar, tariq mehmood