Forest lad baffles GermanySeptember 17th, 2011 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 17 (IANS) A teenager, who turned up in Berlin after a two-week walk, has baffled the police with his claim that he has come from a forest where he and his father had been living off the land for the past five years.
The 17-year-old said he had no idea who he was or where he was from.
Though dishevelled, the teenager was fit and healthy and showed no signs of malnourishment or abuse.
He told investigators that he and his father moved to the forest about five years back after his mother died, and since then they had lived off the land. They used to sleep in a tent and remote huts, reported the Daily Telegraph.
After his father died recently, he buried him in a shallow grave and then set off to get help.
Sleuths say the teenager, who calls himself Ray, speaks a smattering of German, but his first language appeared to be English.
He told them about his date of birth, but claimed not to remember either of his parents’ names or anything of his life before he entered the forest.
“We only know what he told us; that he is 17 years old, and he said that he lived in the forest, that he lived together with his father in the forest for the last five years, but he doesn’t know where,” Klaus Schubert, a spokesman for the Berlin police department, was quoted as saying.
“He says his father died two weeks ago, and then he travelled alone, and suddenly he was in Berlin. We don’t know how he reached the Town Hall, he cannot explain it.”
- German Police Release Pictures Of The 'Forest Boy' - Jun 13, 2012
- Starving sisters locked for months, rescued in Delhi - Jun 16, 2012
- British teen comes alive after being brain dead - Apr 25, 2012
- 34,000-year-old life found trapped in salt crystals - Jan 15, 2011
- Of loss, and love for a 30,000-member 'green family' (Feature) - Oct 17, 2011
- Brazilian 'Josef Fritzl' decapitated - Feb 10, 2011
- Bremen sign Dutch midfielder Eljero Elia till 2016 - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi's starved sisters remained locked up for 6 years (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- 'Government ignoring Mizoram tribal refugees in Tripura' - Mar 23, 2011
- Hitler had son with French teen - Feb 18, 2012
- Two die of shock in Jharkhand demolition drive - Apr 17, 2011
- German side Bremen signs Kevin de Bruyne on loan - Aug 07, 2012
- Eight die as truck overturns on hut - Dec 17, 2010
- Sheshadri's 'Bettada Jeeva' ideal tribute to the environment (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 19, 2011
- No starvation death confirmed in Dantewada: Official - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,