Food Network host Bob Blumer sets Guiness world record for flapjack flippingJuly 13th, 2008 - 12:15 pm ICT by ANI
Toronto, July 13 (ANI): Bob Blumer, who hosts the programme Glutton for Punishment on Food Network, has set a Guiness world record by flipping 559 pancakes in a single hour, beating the old record by only four extra flapjacks.
The previous record was set on June 23, 2006, by Steve Hamilton, a.k.a. Chris Cakes, at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
I”ve never had this big a crowd and I”ve never felt so much pressure especially at the end. I don”t think there’’s ever been a challenge that I”ve wanted to succeed at as much as this one, globeandmail.com quoted Blumer as saying.
A crowd of about 200 people attended the event.
Blumer stood by anxiously as the Guinness representative checked his final 10 hotcakes for size and thickness.
As soon as his success was announced, Blumer threw his hat into the air, sprayed water at the crowd, and then hugged his crew.
This is the first time I”ve attempted and won a world record. Last week I was in Nova Scotia entering a lobster-banding competition against all these salty-dog lobster fishermen, he said.
Danny Girton Jr., adjudication executive for Guinness World Records in North America, said: He really had to do this by himself here. He was allowed to have a runner to bring the pancakes to me for counting but besides that it was pretty much a solo effort for Bob Blumer.
He added: I have overseen other cooking-related records, but the pancakes is a first for me and it’’s really exciting. When you”re caught up in the moment of judging a world record, you really have to focus and not get carried away.
Blumer revealed that he only had five days to prepare himself for the attempt. (ANI)
- Australian chef creates world record for tallest pancake stack - Feb 27, 2012
- Andy Wrobel creates World Record for the tallest stack of pancakes - Feb 21, 2012
- World's fastest toilet on wheels - May 05, 2012
- At 9.7 cm, this woman has world's longest tongue - Nov 02, 2011
- 'Chasing the sun' not just about partying - Jun 27, 2012
- A bride with 1.8-mile long veil - Sep 24, 2011
- 400 set world record in naked bathing - Jun 20, 2011
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest Man In The U.S. - May 26, 2010
- Miley Cyrus delays wedding to finish album - Sep 08, 2012
- Slash launches wildlife charity - Aug 24, 2012
- Tokyo Skytree opens to the public - May 23, 2012
- I've an easier life because I've got money: Faith - May 23, 2011
- Guinness World Records announces new tallest living man in America - May 22, 2010
- Susan Boyle sings for the Pope, also gets 3 Guinness World records - Sep 19, 2010
- Indian firm eyes Guiness with world's largest apron - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: adjudication, bob blumer, flapjacks, food network, girton, globeandmail, glutton for punishment, guiness world record, guinness world records, hotcakes, lobster fishermen, network host, pancakes, related records, salty dog, solo effort, steve hamilton, universal studios, universal studios in orlando, universal studios in orlando florida