Floyd Mayweather Jr. Facing Serious ChargesNovember 14th, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to the latest reports, a Las Vegas Court has issued orders for boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr and it says that he will have to stay away from his ex-girlfriend and two sons he has with her. The prosecutors say that he had hit the lady earlier and even threatened her saying that he would beat the kids if she or they thought of calling 911 for help. The boxer who is now 33-years-old gave was not present for a hearing that took place earlier. It was held at the presence of Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Diana Sullivan. At the hearing, the boxer was slapped with a number of felony and misdemeanor charges. The judge reportedly gave him a week’s time to pay $31000 on bail.
The authorities have also put the allegation on him that the boxer used cell phones belonging to his ex girlfriend during his tussle with her. The dispute took place on September 9th. The charges that have been leveled against him include misdemeanor domestic battery, grand larceny and robbery, felony coercion etc. If he is found guilty on all of these charges it could result into as much as 34 years of imprisonment for him. This would put an end to his career, as one can assume. His next appearance in the court is slated on January 24, according to reports.
While the news of his harassment to his former girlfriend and subsequent lawsuit are making headlines, the boxer is not saying anything formally on the subject. He is tight-lipped about the matter. It is not known how he is planning to fight the charges against him on the legal ground.
- Arrest warrant reissued for boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. - Dec 17, 2010
- Josie Harris's Former Boyfriend Floyd Mayweather Arrested For Domestic Violence And Theft - Sep 11, 2010
- Judge sets February trial date for boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Dec 09, 2010
- Mayweather spends night in jail for assaulting security guard - Dec 18, 2010
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. arrested for domestic violence - Sep 10, 2010
- Boxer Mayweather filmed verbally abusing security guard at Vegas home - Dec 28, 2010
- Floyd Mayweather Jr Being Sought by Police in Domestic Violence Incident - Sep 10, 2010
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. suspect in domestic violence case - Sep 10, 2010
- Bieber escorts Mayweather to boxing ring - May 08, 2012
- WBA champ Amir Khan eyeing undefeated legend Mayweather's mantle - Dec 15, 2010
- Pacquiao willing to fight Mayweather Junior - Jan 11, 2012
- 50 Cent hospitalised - May 18, 2012
- Roger accused of assaulting St. Vil - Aug 05, 2009
- Motley Crue singer Vince Neil charged with misdemeanor offenses in Las Vegas - Apr 06, 2011
- Brit-Muslim boxer Khan to quit sport by 2014 - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: 33 years, allegation, appearance, authorities, boxer, calling 911, diana, ex girlfriend, felony coercion, floyd mayweather jr, former girlfriend, grand larceny, harassment, imprisonment, january 24, justice of the peace, misdemeanor charges, prosecutors, robbery, tussle