Flirting Brit drivers caused almost 1m crashes!October 27th, 2010 - 6:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 27 (ANI): A Brit poll has claimed that almost one million crashes have been caused by distracted drivers who flirt at the wheel with other motorists.
The findings indicate that 812,000 of Britain’s 20.3 million male motorists have had a prang while flirting, as have 164,000 of the 16.4million women drivers, a total of 976,000 collisions, reports the Daily Express.
A larger proportion have had near misses - equivalent to more than five million close shaves due to “wandering eye” trouble.
Elwyn Gedrych, of insurer Diamond, which commissioned a poll of 3,000 motorists, said, “Drivers need to be mindful not to let the handsome man or pretty woman take their minds off the road ahead.”
The research revealed that 46 per cent of men and 36 per cent of women flirt while at the wheel.
Men are habitual flirts who continually try to “pull”, often loudly by beeping their horn or waving. Female flirts are more likely to employ a comely smile.
Drivers in Wales are the biggest in-car flirts with 18 per cent having an ogle at least once a week compared to just five per cent in Scotland. (ANI)
- 4m Brit motorists 'don't even know how to open a car bonnet' - Mar 25, 2011
- Mums are better drivers than fathers, say kids - Dec 17, 2010
- In-car kissing 'causes injury' - Jul 10, 2010
- 7 in 10 drivers admit road rage: UK poll - Aug 27, 2010
- Most men are happy to be driven by their ladies - Jan 03, 2011
- UK's angriest motorists drive BMWs - Oct 13, 2010
- 12pct Brit drivers use cars as 'love-mobiles' to indulge in passion with partners - May 25, 2009
- 160,000 people affected due to China storm - Jun 27, 2011
- Male drivers are twice as likely to crash because of distraction - Apr 18, 2011
- Men's parking skills impress women - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Romantic' road rage 'causes 2.5m car accidents in UK' - Apr 21, 2010
- Let your fingers feel driving directions, if you don't hear them - Sep 27, 2010
- Being tired behind the wheel as dangerous as being drunk: Study - Jan 20, 2011
- Male drivers 'more likely to give way to others than women' - Apr 25, 2011
- Men busy looking at scantily clad girls more likely to crash cars: UK study - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: 1m, collisions, crashes, daily express, eye trouble, flirts, handsome man, insurer, motorists, ogle, one million, poll, prang, pretty woman, proportion, scotland, smile, wales, wandering eye, wheel