Flashfloods displace 25,000 in the PhilippinesFebruary 20th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Feb 20 (IANS) Nearly 25,000 people in southern Philippines have been displaced by flashfloods triggered by heavy rains, the authorities said Monday.
The Lambayong township of Sultan Kudarat province and villages in the provinces of Agusan del Norte and Surigao del Norte were affected by the flooding due to rains since Sunday, Xinhua reported.
Civil defence official Blanche Gobenciong said lakeside towns in Agusan del Norte and Surigao del Norte were worst affected. There were no reports of death, she said.
- 11 die in Philippines storm - Aug 08, 2012
- Philippines typhoon toll reaches 43 - Sep 30, 2011
- Philippine rat fever toll reaches 15 - Jan 05, 2012
- Floods, landslides kill 40 in Philippines - Jan 12, 2011
- China warns of floods, rains as millions face misery - Jun 20, 2011
- 38,000 displaced in Sri Lanka floods - Dec 22, 2011
- Three dead in rebel attack in southern Philippines - Jul 31, 2011
- 50 dead in storm, floods in Philippines - Dec 17, 2011
- Thai flood toll reaches 600 - Nov 20, 2011
- Powerful quake off Philippines triggers small tsunami - Aug 31, 2012
- 25 killed as tropical storm hits Philippines - Jul 27, 2011
- Typhoon Nesat kills 31 in Philippines - Sep 28, 2011
- Floods wreak havoc in China (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Toll in Philippine typhoon reaches 65 - Jul 17, 2010
- 45 missing as Philippines boat capsizes - Feb 14, 2012