Five policemen killed in suicide attacks in AfghanistanApril 25th, 2009 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, April 25 (Xinhua) Three suicide bombing attacks in south Afghanistan Saturday killed five policemen and injured three, a senior official said.
“Three suicide bombers in an attempt to target government employees entered the governor’s office in Kandahar and one of them blew himself up at the gate of the compound while two others exploded themselves inside,” head of Kandahar Provincial Council Ahmad Wali Karzai said.
The attacks in Kandahar coincide with the first day for the registration of candidates in Afghanistan’s presidential elections set for Aug 20 this year.
- Five killed in blast at Wali Karzai memorial service - Jul 14, 2011
- 16 killed in attack on Afghan governor's office - Aug 14, 2011
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
- Six kids hurt in Afghan suicide bombing - May 20, 2012
- Four dead in attack on Afghan governor's office - Apr 28, 2012
- Five ccops among seven killed in Afghan attack (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Afghan president's half-brother killed by bodyguard (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai's aide shot dead in attack - Jul 18, 2011
- Taliban says it's ready to face offensive as bombers attack base - Apr 28, 2010
- Seven killed in Afghan suicide blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- 20 blasts rocks Afghanistan, 16 injured - May 07, 2011
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Seven killed in Afghan bombing - Jul 02, 2012
- Four killed, 31 hurt in Afghan car bombing (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012