Five-legged calf is back on Kiwi auction site Trade MeJanuary 12th, 2011 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Jan 12 (ANI): A five-legged calf is up for grabs again on Kiwi auction site Trade Me after the husband of the woman, who won the bid, put a stop to the sale by telling the calf’s seller “she went a bit ape”.
Reporoa dairy farm manager Jonathan King added the message “wives please ask for your husband’s permission before bidding” to the auction page for the friesian heifer calf with a fifth leg protruding from its neck.
The new listing for the calf has reached its reserve of 60 dollars, but King is doubtful it will match the 305 dollars it reached in the first auction.
“I just hope that the top bidder actually pays for it this time,” Stuff.co.nz quoted him as saying.
The auction closes on January 23. (ANI)
- Iranian president's 34-yr-old Peugeot set to fetch $1m at auction - Jan 11, 2011
- 'Bargain-buy' Vettori ideal IPL replacement for Kumble: Mallya - Jan 15, 2011
- Exports drive deficit down on New Zealand balance sheets - Mar 21, 2012
- Kiwi man swears by bird poop after winning $100K - Mar 23, 2011
- Charlie Sheen 'house-hunting' for ex-wives - Feb 22, 2011
- New Zealand's current account deficit up in Q3 - Dec 21, 2011
- Warne offers chance to fans to face him during Christchurch earthquake fund-raiser - Mar 08, 2011
- Haryana farmers can now own 'imported' calves - Nov 16, 2010
- 'Ghostbusters' car to go under the hammer - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Topless' Ukrainian feminists protest Kiwi 'Win a Wife' event - Mar 06, 2011
- It's official! Men really do hate shopping - Dec 19, 2010
- Renée Zellweger 'stays slim by eating seaweed!' - May 29, 2010
- Low-bid Ryder succeeds in nabbing IPL pay-off - Jan 11, 2011
- Kiwi women believe dogs are better listeners than their partners: Survey - Aug 23, 2010
- P Diddy throws $1m cash to fans at gig - Feb 03, 2011