Five killed, one hurt in US shooting spreeJune 3rd, 2011 - 5:25 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 3 (IANS) Five people were killed and one person was injured Thursday when a 73-year-old man went on a shooting spree in the US state of Arizona, Xinhua reported.
The fatalities occurred when Carey Hal Dyess went on a shooting rampage in and around the Yuma county. The attack began around 9 a.m.
The local authorities were forced to shut down a courthouse and several schools. The attacker, who killed himself, was among the dead.
The Yuma county is about 297 km from the state capital Phoenix. The injured was airlifted to a hospital in Phoenix.
- Three killed in French school shooting (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Fatalities, injuries after woman goes on shooting rampage at German hospital - Sep 20, 2010
- 'Boko Haram' attacks leave more than 80 people killed in northern Nigeria - Nov 07, 2011
- Seven US Marines killed in helicopter collision - Feb 24, 2012
- Man shoots woman, kills self at Wal-Mart centre - Feb 23, 2012
- Congresswoman's attacker to appear in court today, charged on five federal counts - Jan 10, 2011
- Five die in Peshawar blast (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- US gunman kills three - Jan 14, 2012
- Arizona Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Posed With A Gun And G-String, Police Says - Jan 16, 2011
- Ohio high school shooting claims third victim - Feb 29, 2012
- Handwritten note reveals plan to kill US congresswoman - Jan 10, 2011
- US Congresswoman to resign - Jan 23, 2012
- One dead in Toronto mall shooting - Jun 03, 2012
- Arizona Shooting Suspect Jared Lee Loughner Appears In Court - Jan 11, 2011
- Shooting In Detroit Police Station Leaves Four Officers Injured - Jan 24, 2011