Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accidentMay 28th, 2011 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Kaushambhi (Uttar Pradesh) Five people, including four minors, were killed when a speeding SUV rammed into a tempo in this Uttar Pradesh town Friday, police said.
The accident took place in Kokhraj area, when the SUV spun out of control and collided head-on with the tempo in which the victims were travelling.
“While three people died on the spot, two others succumbed on way to the hospital. The three injured are being treated at a hospital,” Inspector Anand Singh told reporters in Kaushambhi, some 250 km from the state capital Lucknow.
“The driver of the SUV and the tempo managed to escape after the accident,” he added.
- 30 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh accident - Nov 12, 2010
- 10 children hurt as tempo hits school van - Nov 22, 2010
- Student killed, four injured in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 17, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Oct 25, 2010
- Six of a family die in accident - May 23, 2011
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Five die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 30, 2011
- Eight die in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 12, 2011
- Three held with 10,500 detonators - Jun 16, 2011
- Two students killed as truck rams into school bus - Jan 28, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Dec 23, 2010
- Eight killed as jeep runs over Ramlila audience - Oct 28, 2011
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 21, 2011
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jul 01, 2010
- Communal clash leaves one dead, 10 injured - Aug 31, 2011