Five killed in Ukraine helicopter crashesAugust 3rd, 2008 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kiev, Aug 3 (DPA) Five people were killed Sunday in two helicopter crashes in Ukraine, the Interfax news agency reported. The first accident took place after an Mi-2 helicopter hit a farmland in the southern Crimea province.
Two people on board, including the pilot, were killed, according to Ukraine’s Ministry of Emergency Situations (UMES).
The second crash came after a helicopter went down in Ukraine’s mountainous western Ivano-Frankivsk province, killing all three people on board.
The cause of the crashes is not known yet.
Officials from the ministry of transport were investigating the incidents.
- Four killed in combat chopper crash in Russia - Sep 09, 2012
- Chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Jun 23, 2011
- Mi-2 chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Aug 11, 2012
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012
- Russian helicopter crashes in southwestern Turkey, killing 5 - Aug 12, 2012
- 10 die in Indonesian chopper crash - Aug 04, 2011
- Five killed in Turkey chopper crash - Aug 10, 2012
- Crews recover black box from Indonesian plane crash site - May 09, 2011
- Helicopter crashes near Gulf of Mexico oil rig platform - May 29, 2012
- Five killed in Thailand helicopter crash - Aug 18, 2010
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Helicopter crashes in eastern Romania, killing 5 Ukrainians - Apr 27, 2012
- Fighter jet crashes in northwestern India, killing the pilot - Aug 02, 2011
- 14 Russian pilgrims killed in Ukraine bus crash - Jul 07, 2012
- Russian fighter jet crashes into mountain range, killing two - Sep 06, 2011