Five killed in Turkey chopper crashAugust 10th, 2012 - 2:16 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 10 (IANS) At least five people, including three Russians, were killed in a helicopter crash in Turkey Thursday, according to Russian Federal Air Transport Agency Rosaviatsia.
The Kamov Ka-32 helicopter hit a mountainous slope before it crashed into a valley during a firefighting mission, killing all five people on board, Xinhua quoted a spokesperson for Rosaviatsia as saying.
The other two killed were Turkish citizens, the spokesperson said.
The accident would be investigated by Turkish authorities with assistance from Rosaviatsia and Interstate Aviation Committee, an organisation authorized to oversee the use and management of civil aviation in the Commonwealth of Independent States, the spokesperson added.
- Russian helicopter crashes in southwestern Turkey, killing 5 - Aug 12, 2012
- Helicopter crashes in eastern Romania, killing 5 Ukrainians - Apr 27, 2012
- One dead, 15 hurt in Russian chopper crash - Dec 19, 2010
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Russian firefighting plane to help Serbia - Aug 26, 2012
- Russia suspends airline after crash kills 47 - Jul 14, 2011
- Turkish military helicopter crashes in Kabul, killing 16 - Mar 18, 2012
- Four killed in combat chopper crash in Russia - Sep 09, 2012
- Russian air force to buy 30 choppers - Jan 16, 2012
- 44 including 8 foreigners killed in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Four killed in Turkish military helicopter crash - Jul 23, 2012
- Fighter jet crashes in central Turkey, killing pilot - Mar 14, 2012
- Navy floats $900 mn tender for utility choppers - Aug 10, 2012
- Five killed in Istanbul accident - Oct 22, 2011
- Russia to ban planes without safety systems - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: air transport, chopper, civil aviation, commonwealth of independent states, firefighting, helicopter crash, kamov ka, moscow, russians, slope, spokesperson, transport agency, turkey, turkish authorities, turkish citizens, xinhua