Five killed in private jet crash near MinskOctober 27th, 2009 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
Minsk, Oct 27 (RIA Novosti) No survivors were found at the crash site of a Russian business jet carrying at least five people near the Minsk airport, an official in Belarus said Tuesday.
A Hawker-125 executive jet flight took off Monday from the Vnukovo airport in Moscow and disappeared from radar screens on approach to the Minsk international airport.
“The emergency services are working at the crash site. An investigation into the causes of the crash will involve an S-Air representative,” the official from the Belarusian emergencies ministry told RIA Novosti.
The Moscow-based S-Air company, the operator of the jet, said there were six people on board, including three passengers and three crew members.
However, Russian air traffic control officials claim that there were only two passengers on board because the third missed the flight.
According to preliminary information, the plane failed to make the landing from the first attempt and was lost by traffic controllers following the second attempt to land in normal visibility and satisfactory, although rainy, weather conditions.
The wreckage of the plane was found four km from the runway.
The CEO of the S-Air airline, Marat Romashkin, was reportedly on board the plane.
S-Air is a small private company, which provides charter services to top-level executives and government officials. Its fleet comprises several Yak-42D, Tu-134, Yak-40, Hawker-125-700B and Hawker-125-800B planes.
- Poor quality fuel cause of Russian plane crash? - Sep 08, 2011
- Russia grounds eight planes after deadly crash - Sep 10, 2011
- Russia suspends airline after crash kills 47 - Jul 14, 2011
- Moscow airport cops suspected of extortion - Aug 29, 2012
- Russian Air Force to get 180 new aircraft - Aug 11, 2012
- 31 die, 12 survive in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Pilots blamed for Russian plane crash that killed 44 - Nov 02, 2011
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- 44 including 8 foreigners killed in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Moscow airports fined over facilities for disabled - Dec 17, 2011
- 11 survive Russian plane crash (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Russian fighter plane crashes - May 29, 2010
- Russian plane with 116 on board makes emergency landing - Jul 02, 2011
- Passenger plane carrying ice hockey team crashes in western Russia, killing 43 - Sep 07, 2011
- 44 die in Russia plane crash (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: 700b, air traffic control, business jet, charter services, control officials, crash site, executive jet, hawker, jet crash, jet flight, minsk airport, minsk international, radar screens, rainy weather, ria novosti, russian air, russian business, traffic controllers, vnukovo airport, weather conditions