Five killed in Iraq violenceOctober 22nd, 2008 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Oct 22 (DPA) Five people were killed and nine injured in terror related attacks in the Iraqi capital and the northern city of Mosul Wednesday.In Mosul, four civilians were killed and three injured in a car bomb explosion, a police source said. He told the Voices of Iraq (VOI) news agency that the explosion occurred in the al-Thawra neighbourhood.
Mosul, the capital city of Nineveh, lies some 400 km north of Baghdad.
In Baghdad, two explosions caused the death of a civilian and injured six, police said.
The first bomb went off in al-Bab al-Sharqi region in central Baghdad, causing the one fatality and three of the injuries.
The other bomb exploded near Sahet al-Andalus in central Baghdad, injuring three additional civilians, VOI reported.
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- 50 killed, hundreds injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- Four killed in twin car bomb blasts in Iraq - Jun 11, 2011
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Eight killed in US raid in Iraq - Feb 12, 2010
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- Nine soldiers killed in Iraq - Sep 15, 2010
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- Eight killed in Iraq violence - Aug 16, 2011
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- US soldier, two civilians killed in Iraq violence - Jul 23, 2010
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012