Five killed in China bus accidentJuly 13th, 2008 - 12:50 am ICT by IANS
Yichang (China), July 12 (Xinhua) At least five people were killed Saturday when a passenger bus plunged into a river in China’s central province of Hubei. Twenty people were on board the bus at the time of the accident at around 1.30 p.m. The bus was on its way to Yichang.
The bus hit the railing of a bridge over Huangbo river, a tributary of Yangtze, and plunged into the river, an official said.
Twelve people were rescued, while four people were missing, the official said.
The cause of the accident is being investigated.
- 16 killed in China bus accident - Oct 02, 2011
- 12 feared dead after ferry sinks in eastern China - Aug 17, 2012
- 10 confirmed dead after China boat capsize - Feb 14, 2012
- Central China city braces for flood - Jul 29, 2010
- Six dead in central China coal mine gas leak - Nov 16, 2011
- 5 killed in China bus accident - Jun 30, 2012
- China bus accident toll reaches 18 (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 37 people feared killed in Assam bus accident - May 31, 2011
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- At least 31 dead after bus plunges into a river in northeastern India - Jun 01, 2011
- 12 missing in Indonesia boat accident (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- Rains likely to hit China's food bowl - May 28, 2012
- 44 killed in China floods - Jun 10, 2011
- China diverts river water to ease drought - May 19, 2011
- China infuses Yangtze river with one bn fish - Jul 12, 2011