Five killed in China building collapseMarch 20th, 2012 - 9:45 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 20 (IANS) At least five people died and another 15 were injured when an under-construction building collapsed in China, officials said.
The incident took place Monday in southwest Yunnan province’s Xiaguan township, Xinhua reported.
At least 15 people were pulled out from the debris. But many may be still trapped and more than 2,000 people have been mobilized to search the area, an official said.
The building was an illegal steel structure built without a construction permit.
- Four dead in Beijing house collapse - May 05, 2012
- Building collapses in Ahmedabad, several trapped - Jan 28, 2011
- Building collapse kills six in China - Nov 23, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- 14 killed in 5.4 magnitude earthquake near China-Burma border - Mar 10, 2011
- Building collapses in Ghaziabad - Jul 16, 2011
- Two labourers killed in Nagpur building collapse - Jan 31, 2012
- Three killed in Delhi building collapse (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 17, 2011
- Six dead in China building collapse - Mar 29, 2011
- Toll reaches 28 in China coal mine gas leak - Nov 12, 2011
- Six trapped in Delhi roof collapse - Jan 13, 2011
- 15 injured in Delhi roof collapse (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- 21 dead in China accident - Oct 29, 2011
- Nine trapped in China building collapse - Jun 20, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi wall collapse - Jun 27, 2012