Five killed, 10 injured in two separate attacks in IraqOctober 20th, 2008 - 12:44 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Oct 19 (DPA) At least five people, including an Awakening Council leader, were killed and 10 were injured in two separate attacks in northern Iraq Sunday, the police said.In Salahaddin province, some gunmen forced their way into the house of Awakening Council leader Amer Gassem Khadir, killed him and four others before escaping, a police source told the Voices of Iraq (VOI) news agency.
Two women and a child were also injured in the attack. It was not specified if the casualties were members of the same family.
Awakening Councils consist of armed tribal Sunnis who fight alongside US military forces against the Al Qaeda terrorist network.
Separately, seven people were injured in a bomb attack in southeastern Baghdad Sunday, the VOI reported.
The blast hit an Iraqi police patrol in Zafaraniya district. Three policemen were among the injured.
- Seven killed, 20 injured in three attacks in Iraq (Lead) - Oct 20, 2008
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 27, 2010
- Sunni leader assassinated in Iraq - Jun 06, 2011
- Six killed in Iraq's twin blasts - Oct 03, 2011
- Two anti-Al Qaeda women gunned down in Iraq - Jan 28, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq violence - Dec 05, 2011
- 15 die in Iraq - Jul 23, 2012
- Four killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 04, 2011
- Five killed, 17 injured in Iraq attacks - Aug 10, 2010
- 40 killed in Iraq, suicide attackers had Down Syndrome (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2010