Five jailed for duping Chinese civil service candidateApril 26th, 2012 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 26 (IANS) Five people, including two officials, in China’s Shanxi province have been imprisoned for their roles in falsifying a civil service candidate’s physical examination records.
The Jiao district People’s Court of Changzhi sentenced Zhao Bo, former vice director of the city’s human resources and social security bureau, to 11 years for taking 100,000 yuan ($15,900) to disqualify candidate Song Jiangming while ensuring that the runner-up candidate is recruited, Shanghai Daily reported.
Song, though taking the top rank in the written examination and job interview for the local environmental protection bureau’s civil service test, was eliminated at the last minute over claims that he had not passed the blood test.
Follow-up investigations showed the results of Song’s blood test were tampered with in order to disqualify him. He was recruited by the bureau after the truth came out.
The court also sentenced Ji Xinrui, a former local human resource official, to 18 months after he was convicted of taking a bribe of 17,000 yuan for the same purpose as Zhao.
Jia Zhihong, the father of the runner-up candidate and the man who offered the bribes to Zhao and Ji, was jailed for 18 months with a respite of two years.
Han Yumei and Yang Wenfang, who handled the physical exams of candidates at a local hospital, received sentences of one year and six months, respectively, each with a respite of a year, after they were found responsible for altering Song’s blood test results as Zhao had required. Zhao, Ji and Han have appealed.
- Ex-cop and brother jailed for running mafia in China - Jan 21, 2012
- Chinese 'sex diary' official sentenced to 13 yrs imprisonment - Dec 15, 2010
- Saina enters fourth final at Indonesia Open, Kashyap loses (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Chinese official given death for taking bribe - Apr 27, 2012
- Beijing tax chief gets death sentence - May 10, 2012
- Chinese official jailed for 15 years for graft - Feb 20, 2012
- Teenaged hacker jailed in China - May 04, 2012
- Chinese official who kept sex diary jailed - Dec 15, 2010
- China jails soccer officials for corruption - Feb 18, 2012
- Chinese policeman jailed for life over bribe - Jun 15, 2012
- Fake Chinese scribes get seven years in jail - Oct 15, 2011
- China jails 14 people in tainted milk case - Apr 30, 2011
- Three more added to the list of corrupt referees - Dec 22, 2011
- Two Chinese officials executed for bribery - Jul 19, 2011
- Six jailed in China for selling tainted bean sprouts - Aug 13, 2011
Tags: 11 years, blood test results, bribe, bribes, civil service test, environmental protection bureau, human resource, jia, job interview, local hospital, physical examination, respite, security bureau, sentences, shanghai, shanxi province, top rank, vice director, yuan, yumei