Five injured in Russia shootingAugust 23rd, 2012 - 7:28 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Five people were injured Wednesday in a random shooting incident at a market in southwest Russia, an official said.
The incident took place in Stavropol.
Five people came to a market and got into a conflict with vegetable sellers. The reason of the conflict was unknown.
The men started firing, as a result of which five people were injured, said Stavropol interior ministry spokesman Yevgeny Arnautov.
He said the suspects fled the scene by car, but the owner of the car was identified.
A witness said five or six people rushed into the market and said they “would establish order here”, and then opened fire.
“My son was shot twice, he had two wounds to the chest. Six of my relatives, nephews and brothers, were also injured,” a market vendor said.
- Fire breaks out at Moscow university - Dec 30, 2011
- Three killed, 20 injured in Russian city bomb blast - May 27, 2010
- 12 die in Moscow fire - Apr 03, 2012
- Medvedev, Putin harvest corn at farm - Oct 26, 2011
- Kazakh cops jailed for attacking protesters - May 29, 2012
- Russian dismembered by wife for not taking shower - Jul 03, 2012
- Russia to build solar power plant - Nov 03, 2010
- Two killed in mass brawl in Russia - Apr 23, 2012
- Five Killed, many injured in Syria blast - Sep 04, 2012
- Five killed in car accident near Moscow - Jul 22, 2012
- Six killed in Russia blast - May 27, 2010
- Twin blasts kill 12 at Syria funeral - Aug 29, 2012
- Eight cars go up in flames in Moscow - Jun 02, 2011
- Russian media market to grow to $39 bn by 2016 - Jun 14, 2012
- Russian interior ministry orders new drones - Apr 05, 2012