Five held with spying gear in MexicoSeptember 21st, 2010 - 11:33 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Sep 21 (IANS/EFE) Five people have been arrested in Mexico for possessing spying equipment, including “software for doing spy work” that contain “databases with information on people in 30 states”, officials said.
The suspects, one of whom is a policeman, were arrested after they were found following a group of federal police officers in Tampico in Tamaulipas state, the public safety secretariat said.
Rifles, handguns, grenades, ammunition, ammunition clips for pistols and bullet-proof vests along with three computers that contain databases with information on people in 30 states were seized from them.
An apparatus consisting of 11 video cameras meant to record from a distance, mobile phones, radios, flash drives, identity cards and credit cards were also seized.
- 72 bodies found in Mexico ranch - Aug 26, 2010
- 13 die in Mexico shootout - May 16, 2011
- Army finds mass graves in Mexico - Jul 16, 2010
- 9 die in shootout in Mexico - Feb 11, 2011
- Six gunmen killed in Mexico - Dec 08, 2010
- Suspect arrested in shooting of Paraguayan soccer star - Jan 20, 2011
- 12 bodies found on Mexico highway - Jul 14, 2010
- Over 100 trafficked people rescued in Mexico - Nov 15, 2010
- 14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Jun 09, 2012
- Two tonnes of marijuana found in Mexican cemetery - Jul 30, 2012
- Mexican cartels moving drugs in armoured vehicles - Jan 18, 2012
- Six killed, dumped on road in Mexico - Nov 03, 2010
- Man killed while stealing fuel from Mexico pipeline - Apr 18, 2011
- 'Sophisticated' tunnel found under US-Mexico border - May 11, 2011
- 37 killed in Brazil slum raids - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: ammunition, bullet proof vests, credit cards, federal police officers, flash drives, grenades, handguns, mexico city, mexico mexico, mj, pistols, policeman, public safety, radios, rifles, secretariat, spy work, spying equipment, tampico, video cameras