Five Chinese found dead in US houseMarch 24th, 2012 - 9:14 am ICT by IANS
Washington, March 24 (IANS) Five people of Chinese origin were found dead inside a house in the western US port city of San Francisco. Police termed the multiple homicide as a “gun-related murder-suicide” case.
The case was reported Friday when a family member visited the two-storey house near the City College of San Francisco and found three bodies, Xinhua reported.
Police later found two more bodies, and said all five victims — two men and three women — appeared to be related.
Police believe it was a murder-suicide case and no suspect was at large, a police spokeswoman told The San Francisco Chronicle.
The house is owned by a software engineer named Yingxue Lei. Her colleagues said she did not call in for work Friday.
A woman named Lena Huang from San Diego told the newspaper that five members of her extended family lived in the house. All of them had migrated from China.
San Francisco mayor Ed Lee has termed the incident as “a terrible tragedy”.
- Five found shot to death at San Francisco home - Mar 24, 2012
- Deaths of U.S. Coast Guard members at Alaska base likely homicides - Apr 14, 2012
- S.I. Mother's Sister Claims NYPD Messed Up Investigation - Jul 28, 2010
- Six dead in US murder-suicide, Indian passport found - Mar 31, 2009
- China destroys 100,000 seized guns - Jun 13, 2012
- Frenchman Hugues De La Plaza's Death Declared As Homicide - Nov 15, 2009
- Kenneth Bryan Trevino, girlfriend found dead in apparent murder-suicide - Sep 07, 2010
- 90-year-old man jailed for killing wife, 89 - Sep 10, 2010
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 50-year hunt continue for Alcatraz inmates - Jun 10, 2012
- Coppell Mayor Leaves Four Suicide Notes Before Killing Daughter And Shooting Herself - Jul 16, 2010
- 12 killed, house set afire in Russia - Nov 06, 2010
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- White runs up and down stairs to stay fit - Nov 12, 2010
- Slain Pakistani reporter to be honoured in US - May 10, 2012
Tags: chinese origin, city college of san francisco, city of san francisco, colleagues, ed lee, extended family, family member, homicide, lena, murder suicide, police spokeswoman, san francisco chronicle, san francisco mayor, san francisco police, software engineer, suicide case, three women, tragedy, two men, xinhua