Five Chechen bombers killed in QuettaMay 17th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 17 (IANS) Five Chechen militants, including three women, were Tuesday killed in a gunfight with security forces after they attacked a security check post near Quetta city, the capital of Balochistan province in Pakistan, Geo News reported.
“All five attackers have been killed,” said Quetta city police chief Daud Junejo.
The militants, who were killed in the firefight, were armed with guns and bombs.
According to the sources, one of them blew himself up near the post in Kharootabad area.
Police officials told media that the militants had explosives tied to their bodies.
- Five suicide bombers killed in Pakistan (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- 13 killed, 21 injured in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Eight killed in Pakistan bombing - Dec 30, 2011
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- Terror bid foiled in Pakistan - Sep 24, 2011
- One killed, seven wounded in Quetta suicide attack targeting DIG Investigation - Apr 07, 2011
- Rail track, gas pipeline blown up in Pakistan - Jul 22, 2012
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- 15 killed in Pakistan's Quetta city blast - Dec 31, 2011
- Three cops, 3 rebels killed in Peshawar suicide attack (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- 14 Pakistani troopers killed in bomb attack - Jan 12, 2012
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- 25 killed, 55 injured in Pakistan bombings - Sep 07, 2011
- Six bombs recovered from Pakistan blast site - Dec 31, 2011
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
Tags: attackers, bombs, chechen bombers, chechen militants, city police, daud, explosives, firefight, geo news, gunfight, guns, islamabad, pakistan, police officials, security check, security forces, three women