Five Afghan troops killed in suicide bombingMarch 10th, 2010 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, March 10 (DPA) A suicide bomber killed at least five Afghan troops in an attack on military convoy in eastern Afghanistan Wednesday, officials said.
The attack in south-eastern province of Paktika came a day after two NATO soldiers were killed in a similar suicide attack in the neighbouring province of Khost, the military said.
“Three Afghan army soldiers and two border policemen were killed in the attack,” Daulat Zadran, the provincial police chief for Paktika, said. He said several others were wounded when the bomber targeted the combined forces in Bermal district.
It was not immediately known if there were any casualties among NATO soldiers.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid took responsibility for the Wednesday’s attack, saying more than 40 Afghan and NATO troops were killed in the blast.
NATO said in a statement that a suicide bomber attacked a joint Afghan-NATO border base in Khost province Tuesday afternoon. That attack killed two soldiers and wounded several others, it said.
- Taliban kill 35 road workers: Afghan official - May 19, 2011
- Taliban attack two NATO bases in Afghanistan - Aug 28, 2010
- Civilian, NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan - May 31, 2010
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- US soldier, 22 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Sep 30, 2009
- Suicide attack kills seven policemen in Afghanistan - Aug 05, 2010
- 10 killed after suicide bombers storm police station in southeastern Afghanistan - May 22, 2011
- Five US, British soldiers killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- Over 60 militants killed in Afghanistan - Nov 09, 2011
- NATO forces kill four school students: Afghan officials - Apr 20, 2010
- 80 Taliban killed in failed attack on NATO combat post in Afghanistan near Pak border - Oct 31, 2010
- Coalition forces kill 20 Taliban in Afghanistan - Aug 12, 2010
- Afghan, NATO soldiers, 3 children killed in blasts - Apr 19, 2010
- 13 killed in eastern Afghanistan suicide bomb attack - Mar 28, 2011
- Six NATO soldiers killed in Afghan attacks - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: army soldiers, casualties, daulat, eastern afghanistan, kabul, khost, military convoy, nato border, nato soldiers, nato troops, neighbouring province, paktika, police chief, policemen, provincial police, south eastern province, suicide attack, suicide bomber, tuesday afternoon, two soldiers